Stephanie W. Ma
Stephanie Ma focuses on corporate transactional work such as drafting contracts, agreements and leases. Stephanie also has experience litigating and negotiating a variety of matters, including landlord-tenant disputes, premises liability defense, personal injury claims, and wrongful termination claims. Stephanie served as second chair in a jury trial that was litigated to successful verdict for the client in a wrongful termination case.
Prior to joining Hassett & George, Stephanie worked for five years in Hartford and New Haven. She received her Juris Doctorate from Quinnipiac University School of Law, where she was a member of the Moot Court Honor Society and the Society for Dispute Resolution. While at Quinnipiac, as a member of the International Human Rights Law Society, Stephanie traveled to Nicaragua as part of the first team of Quinnipiac law students to meet and network with local attorneys in the country.
Stephanie is a member of the Connecticut Advisory Council on Housing Matters. She is also on the Board of Directors for the Elm City College Preparatory Schools in New Haven.
Stephanie is proficient in Cantonese.
Areas Of Practice
- Business Transactions
- Real Estate & Land Use
- Succession Planning
- University of Connecticut School of Law, Hamden, Connecticut
- J.D. – 2010
- Honors: cum laude
- Wellesley College, Wellesley, Massachusetts
- B.A. – 2005
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Nicaragua Focus Group, International Human Rights Law Society, 2009
- Simsbury Chamber of Commerce Young Professionals Section, Member, 2017 to Present
- Elm City College Preparatory School Board, Director
- Connecticut Advisory Council on Housing Matters
- Cantonese Chinese