A Team Of Attorneys Assisting In Business Transactions
As a business owner, your reputation in the community is important to you. You want to know that the work you have done is appreciated by your customers. We feel the same way at Hassett & George, and we strive to establish ourselves as a firm that can be counted on for any business law need.
For 30 years, Lou George has led our efforts to safeguard the interests of the businesses we work with, from small family-owned businesses serving people in Simsbury and Glastonbury to large national insurers with millions of customers. Our priority is finding the right legal strategy for your every legal need in the state of Connecticut.
Learn Your Options And Rights From Our Lawyers Directly
Our experienced team of small-business lawyers is well-versed in business formation and organization, restructuring, financing, employment agreements, partnerships, joint ventures, buyout agreements and negotiating transactions. In the videos below, we provide overviews on various business transaction topics:
“Law Talks” Videos With Attorney Jared Alfin
- Your Business is Being Sued, Now What with Attorney Jared Alfin
- Goods and Services Contracts, What You Need to Know with Attorney Jared Alfin
View “Law Matters” Videos with Attorney Martin Clayman
- Law Matters: Starting and Running a Small Business, Part I
- Law Matters: Starting and Running a Small Business, Part II
What Is Your Firm’s Role In Business Transactions?
When you become a client of Hassett & George, we work with you to build an understanding of your priorities and a vision for your business. We take those goals and use them as the basis for all the work we do. Here are some common business transactions and some of the questions that we will ask when designing a plan of action:
- Business formation: Will it be privately held or publicly held? Is it a corporation or family-owned? Do you have a partner?
- Corporate and small-business documents: Is there a succession plan? Has your business been properly valued? Do you need to update your standard contracts?
- Employment-related disputes: Should you hire direct employees or contractors? Are there any legal liabilities? How should you approach contract negotiations?
We will listen to your answers and guide you to the best solutions. Your business transactions will be handled by lawyers devoted to your end game. We also have a nationally respected reputation for guiding clients through the particulars of franchising and marijuana production law.