Raymond M. Hassett
Raymond Hassett, a founding partner of Hassett & George, P.C., concentrates in criminal and civil litigation, as well as family law. His criminal practice includes all aspects of criminal law, from misdemeanors and motor vehicle violations to Class A felonies. His family law practice also encompasses a wide range of issues including pre-nuptial matters and mediation, to more complex and fully contested divorce, custody, and post-judgment matters.
Ray served as a Special Assistant U.S. Attorney, concentrating in litigation, and as supervisor of the Financial Litigation Unit. Under his direction, this unit was independently responsible for the enforced collection of millions of dollars for the U.S. government.
In addition, Ray successfully defended and prosecuted tort, contract, and bankruptcy matters while representing the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Drug Enforcement Administration, Social Security Administration, the Small Business Administration, and other various federal agencies. Through his years of practice, Ray has also represented a myriad of Fortune 500 companies and municipal clients in state, local and federal actions.
Ray has been appointed to and serves on the Connecticut Judicial Branch Criminal Practice Commission and the Judicial Performance Evaluation Program. He served as chairman of the Judicial Review Council responsible for the investigation of conduct of all state judges, worker compensation commissioners and family magistrates. He serves on the Glastonbury Town Planning & Zoning Commission. He has also been on the board of directors of several non-profit community organizations and served as chairman of the Glastonbury Republican Town Committee. He is a former adjunct professor at the University of Connecticut.
Ray has been selected as a Super Lawyer in the area of Criminal Law.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law
- Criminal Law
- Municipal Law
- Labor & Employment Law
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Quinnipiac University School of Law, Hamden, Connecticut
- J.D. – 1987
- Catholic University, Washington, D.C.
- B.A. – 1984
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Connecticut Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Hartford Country Bar Association
- James W. Cooper Fellow
- Hartford Judicial Court, Family Matters Special Masterv
- Connecticut Judicial Branch Criminal Practice Commission
- Judicial Performance Evaluation Program, 2013
- Catholic University of America Alumni Board of Directors
- Glastonbury Town Planning & Zoning Commission, Judicial Review Council Chairman
- Glastonbury Republican Town Committee, Chairman
- South Hartford Initiative, President
- Hartford Marathon Foundation, Board of Directors