Jared M. Alfin
Jared Alfin is known for his problem solving, creativity and ability to fight aggressively for his clients, obtaining favorable results through negotiation, mediation or in front of the Court. He is also known for responding promptly to his clients and accommodating his schedule to fit his clients’ needs.
Jared has a broad-based business litigation practice includes counseling clients on a range of issues involving commercial contract disputes, commercial collections, real estate litigation, landlord-tenant disputes, white-collar fraud, unfair trade practices, construction litigation, partnership disputes, and litigation involving shareholders and members of closely held businesses.
Jared represents small to mid-sized business (as well as start-ups), including but not limited to private lenders, merchant cash advance businesses and other lending institutions for whom he collects debts. Jared has collected hundreds of thousands of dollars for his commercial clients through real estate, receivables and bank account attachments/garnishments to prevent adverse parties from concealing or fraudulently disposing of assets. He also represents landlords and property management companies in connection with collections, as well as evictions and other landlord-tenant related disputes in the commercial and residential context.
Jared has also defended and resolved disputes with the CT Department of Banking, defended minority shareholders in an appraisal rights proceeding, resolved a highly contested family business separation, and assisted with the successful defense of an individual sued by the Securities and Exchange Commission for insider trading violations.
Areas Of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Commercial Collections
- Condominium Law
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut
- Roger Williams University School of Law, Bristol, Rhode Island
- J.D. – 2004
- Quinnipiac University, Hamden, Connecticut
- B.S. – 2001
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Community Associations Institute (2015-present)
- General Bar
- Forwarders List
- Designated as Educated Business Partner by Community Associations Institute (2015 – present)
- Connecticut Coalition of Property Owners, Vice President (2019 – present)
- Connecticut Judicial Committee on Discovery and Expedited Litigation, Member (2016)
- The Hartford Club, Member
- Connecticut Women’s Education and Legal Fund
- West Hartford Youth Basketball League, Coach (2007 – 2013)