860-651-1333 Ext. 155
Steve Basche concentrates his practice on estate and business planning, and trust and estate administration. He has been practicing in Connecticut for over 30 years, starting his career as a litigator at a large firm in Hartford.
Steve is passionate about helping families plan and manage unexpected life events through estate planning and administration. He enjoys helping people start, buy, sell and manage businesses. Steve understands each individual, family and business has unique needs. Whether he is crafting a comprehensive estate plan -- including wills, durable powers of attorney, advanced directives, revocable and irrevocable trusts, and special needs trusts – or counseling a business owner about succession planning, Steve strives to address those unique needs.
On the estate administration side (probate), Steve helps clients navigate the ins and outs of the sometimes complicated and complex rules regarding estates and the probate process. He also handles will contests and other contested probate matters.
Steve also represents business owners who are looking to transition their business to the next generation or to sell their business to a key employee or other purchaser. He is sensitive to the dynamics of small and family-owned businesses and enjoys helping business owners with the legal and interpersonal issues that arise in business succession planning.
Areas Of Practice
- Trusts & Estates
- Succession Planning
- Business Transactions
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford, Connecticut
- J.D. - 1986
- University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut
- B.A. - 1983
- Honors: magna cum laude
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Past Chairman, Law Practice Management Section
- Manchester Bar Association, Member
- Hartford HealthCare, Central Region Board of Directors, Member
- Jewish Association, Community Living, Board of Directors
- Rushford, a Hartford HeathCare Partner, Vice Chair of the Board of Directors
- Board of Managers of the Indian Valley YMCA, Past Member