Michael Conroy works with individuals, families, municipalities, and business entities of all types and sizes in a wide range of legal matters including personal injury, wrongful death, products liability, insurance coverage disputes, professional errors and omissions, municipal liability, and constitutional rights violations. Mike has tried dozens of cases to verdict in the state and federal courts of Connecticut and Vermont. He has also prosecuted and defended numerous appeals in the Vermont and Connecticut Supreme Courts, as well as the Connecticut Appellate Court.
Mike began his career in tort litigation and insurance claims in 1990 as a property and casualty claim adjuster for a major insurance company. After law school, he joined a civil litigation firm in Rutland, Vermont, representing plaintiffs and defendants in personal injury and professional errors and omissions matters. He returned to Connecticut in 2000 and spent 10 years as lead trial counsel in the litigation department of a well-known defense firm in Hartford. In 2011, Mike joined Hassett & George.
In addition to representing clients, Mike has served as an instructor for other attorneys and insurance claims professionals on a broad range of insurance-related topics including Connecticut civil procedure, homeowners’ liability issues, insurance and real estate professional errors and omissions issues, and cross-examination strategies employed when questioning an opponent’s expert witness.
Mike hosts “Law Matters,” a television talk show featuring legal topics that airs statewide on Connecticut Public Access stations.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury
- U.S. District Court District of Vermont
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- Vermont Law School, South Royalton, Vermont
- J.D. - 1995
- Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire
- B.A. - 1989
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Hartford County Bar Association
- Simsbury-Granby Rotary Club
- American Mensa, Connecticut and Western Massachusetts Chapter, Past Executive Committee Member
- Simsbury Youth Lacrosse, Former Member of Board of Directors
- Simsbury Youth Lacrosse, Former Boys’ Senior Division Coach
- Avon Old Farms School, Chairman of National Council