Jeffrey McDonald resides in Cheshire and primarily practices out of the Glastonbury office. He handles litigation matters throughout the State of Connecticut, including clients in New Haven County, Hartford County, Middlesex County, New London County and Litchfield County.
Jeff was admitted to the Connecticut bar in 2008, the U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut in 2010 and the U.S. District Court, 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals in 2016. Jeff is a 2005 graduate of Saint Anselm College and obtained his JD from Quinnipiac College School of Law, with honors, in 2008, where he served as a member of the Quinnipiac Law Review.
Since joining Hassett & George in 2008, Jeff's practice has concentrated in all areas of litigation, including motor vehicle litigation, premise liability litigation, dram shop litigation, municipal law and construction litigation, as well as the prosecution of all personal injury matters. Jeff has presented seminars to insurance claims representatives as part of their continuing education. Jeff's practice also includes commercial litigation and appellate work. Jeff has successfully tried multiple cases to verdict in both State and Federal court. He has also argued successfully before the Connecticut Appellate Court.
Jeff has been recognized as a Connecticut Super Lawyer Rising Star. Super Lawyers recognizes attorneys in more than 70 areas of practice using a multiphase selection process that considers peer recognition, professional achievement and ethical standards.
Jeff resides in Cheshire with his wife and three children. Jeff is actively involved as a youth soccer, baseball and softball coach in Cheshire.
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- Quinnipiac College School of Law, Hamden, Connecticut
- J.D. - 2008
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Saint Anselm College, Manchester, New Hampshire
- B.A. - 2005
- Honors: cum laude
- Civil Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Municipal Law
- Personal Injury
- Appellate Law
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance, Member
- BNI, Past President of Charter Chapter
- Cheshire Flames Youth Softball
- Wilcox v. Webster Inc., 294 Conn. 206 (2009)
- Phaneuf v. Berselli, 119 Conn. App. 330 (2010)
- Ocsai v. Exit 88 Hotel, LLC, 127 Conn. App. 731 (2011)
- Sonepar Distrib. New Eng., Inc. v. T&T Elec. Contr.’s Inc., 133 Conn. App. 752 (2012)
- Webster Bank, N.A. v. GFI Groton, LLC, 157 Conn. App. 409 (2015)