Jared Alfin’s broad-based business litigation practice includes counseling clients on a range of issues involving commercial contract disputes, collections, real estate litigation (including evictions), white-collar fraud, unfair trade practices, construction litigation, civil rights violations, condominium law, partnership disputes, and litigation involving shareholders and members.
Jared has first chair trial experience and has been involved in many depositions, arbitrations, mediations, settlement conferences and other aspects of commercial litigation practice. He also counsels and assists clients in forming/dissolving business entities, partnerships disputes, real estate issues and loan workouts.
Jared has defended and resolved disputes with the CT Department of Banking, defended minority shareholders in an appraisal rights proceeding, resolved a highly contested family business separation, and assisted with the successful defense of an individual sued by the Securities and Exchange Commission for insider trading violations. He has successfully negotiated settlements for individuals and corporate entities involved in business disputes, secured numerous real estate and bank account attachments to prevent adverse parties from concealing assets, and negotiated favorable plea dispositions for individuals prosecuted for crimes in state court.
Prior to joining Hassett & George in 2013, Jared practiced for ten years in Hartford. While in law school, he served as a summer intern in the Public Defender's Office (Part A) in the New Britain Superior Court.
He served as a coach of the West Hartford Youth Basketball League; his team earned the league championship title in 2010 and 2013. He also enjoys real estate investing and mentoring start-up companies.
Areas Of Practice
- Commercial Collections
- Condominium Law
- Construction Litigation
- Criminal Law
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut
- Roger Williams University School of Law, Bristol, Rhode Island
- J.D. - 2004
- Quinnipiac University, Hamden, Connecticut
- B.S. - 2001
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Connecticut Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section
- Hartford Young Professionals & Entrepreneurs, Events Committee
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Community Associations Institute, 2015 to Present
- General Bar
- Forwarders List
- Connecticut Judicial Committee on Discovery and Expedited Litigation, Member, 2016
- Hartford Club
- Connecticut Women's Education and Legal Fund
- West Hartford Youth Basketball League, Coach
- Hartford Club Programming Committee
- Hartford Club Nominating Committee